When to Call an Exterminator for Mice
If mice are seen scurrying around your home or nibbling on food, it's important to bring in an exterminator as soon as possible. A rodent control professional has the experience and know-how to rid your property of mice quickly, humanely, and safely. Keep in mind that mice breed rapidly, so if you catch even one mouse chances are there are more. Don't wait for an infestation to take over; calling Guardian Pest Control for professional mice control in Providence is the best solution!
Got mice? Call Guardian Pest Control now at (401) 812-3033.
How to Tell if You Have Mice
- Droppings - One of the most obvious signs that you have mice is the presence of droppings. Mice droppings are small, dark brown or black, and pellet shaped.
- Gnaw Marks - Mice are known for their incessant gnawing, and they will gnaw on just about anything they can get their teeth on. If you find small holes or chew marks on food packaging, furniture, wiring, or other objects in your home, it is a good indication that you have mice.
- Sounds - Another sign that you have mice is the presence of sounds such as scurrying, squeaking, scratching, and chewing. These sounds are often most noticeable at night when the mice are active.
- Odors - Mice are also known to produce strong odors. This is due to the fact that they mark their territory with urine. So if you notice a strong or unpleasant odor, or notice small urine stains, it is likely that there are mice present.
- Tracks - Mice leave small footprints, tracks, or smudge marks behind as they travel through your home. If you find footprints, it is likely that there is a mouse that has infiltrated your space.
- Nests - Mice are also known to build nests out of materials such as paper, fabric, and insulation. If you find a nest, your home may be infested with mice.
- Sightings - One of the most obvious signs that you have mice is if you actually see one. Mice are nocturnal creatures, so they are most often seen at night. If you see a mouse in your home, there is a good chance that you have an infestation.
“He gave me great advice on how to manage the mosquitoes so we can actually enjoy being in our yard.” - Ashley E.
While it may be tempting to try to handle a mouse infestation on your own, hiring an exterminator can provide many benefits and ensure that the problem is eliminated quickly and effectively. If you're dealing with a mouse infestation, consider contacting a professional pest control service to discuss your options and develop a plan for eliminating the problem.
Guardian Pest Control is the top choice for residential and commercial mice control services in Rhode Island and coastal Massachusetts. If you suspect an infestation, don't wait another moment to get it taken care of.